1/1/10

New Year's Eve

Lots of people are traveling on New Year’s Eve! Maybe not that many as on an average day, but still – compared to what I’ve seen on Christmas Eve it’s unbelievable. Thousands of people rushing between shops, cafes, restaurants, Christmas trees (yes, yes...) and plastic snowmen (yes, yes, Xmas decoration at the BKK airport...). And there I am – drinking coffee, waiting for boarding for my flight to Europe at the airport in Bangkok. It’s 23.20. In 40 minutes – New Year. In 35 minutes my plane takes off.

***

I’ve seen fireworks in Bangkok (from above) and I had a glass of sparkling wine. 2010 has officially started!

2009 was one of the most interesting years in my life so far. In that one year I’ve been to Seattle, Lisbon, Athens, London, Dublin, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Cambodia. And I’ve spent sooo much time at the airports ;) I’ve started to learn Portuguese and to write a blog. I met some truly great people on my way. I ate grilled tarantulas. I’ve seen few awesome concerts (and you know how much I appreciate good music ;) And I think I learned more about world history and geography than during high school and studies all together. It was a year full of challenges and changes (my life turned basically upside down – I’ve changed pretty much everything that could be changed).

****

And I am glad (kind of) to spend New Year’s Eve on a plane – there’s a Polish proverb saying that the whole new year would be like the last day of the preceding year. I hope so!

***

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you! May all your New Year’s resolutions come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment