1/1/11

May you live an interesting life...

Summing up 2010. Yet another interesting year. It’s like this old Chinese curse ‘may you live in interesting times’ - for my personal use it’s rather ‘may you live an interesting life’ :)

I didn’t travel much this year, but I’ve been to Burma and Laos. It was fascinating and as usual I could learn a lot.

I wrote a lot this year and participated in some interesting conferences, also started to teach at a university. I managed to get my articles on travels published in an online travel magazine (quite popular here, in Poland). Check it out (it's in Polish though):

L jak lenistwo. L jak luz. L jak Laos

Angkor i smażone tarantule

Muzyczny spacer po Szmaragdowym Mieście

I’ve seen Dave Matthews Band live in Cologne and Them Crooked Vultures in Vienna (John Paul Jones rocks!), Stone Temple Pilots in London (SO rad!). Absolutely great shows!

Last but not least, I skydived. And found out that the free fall is pretty amazing. I will definitely do it again 2011! I'm actually thinking of bungee jumping at the Verzasca Dam in Switzerland...

This year I came to the conclusion that I was simply happy. With my life the way it is. Don’t get me wrong, this year was full of highly unpleasant and unexpected events. But at least I learned that I am fully able to maintain my composure under stressful situations ;)

Well, sarcasm is a powerful weapon. Keep that in mind (it’s a general remark, valid not only for 2011 :)



Happy New Year! May your lives be a bit less interesting than mine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment