3/1/10

Dave Matthews Band in Cologne

I'm in love. I fall in love pretty often, I must say. A month ago with Them Crooked Vultures, this week with Dave Matthews Band. And I am sure (in both cases) it’s the lifelong kind of love :D

DMB are touring Europe. I’ve never seen them live before.

Actually, I was introduced to their music by a friend from Seattle. One of DMB’s favorite venues is the Gorge Amphitheatre (which is, btw, considered as the most scenic concert venue in the world). I didn’t have the chance to see a show over there, but I’ve seen the Gorge and it looks like a gorgeous venue ;)

Anyways, when I heard that DMB were coming to Europe I knew I had to see them. I’ve chosen the show in Cologne because there are cheap flights to Cologne from Warsaw ;)) No, actually, because I have friends over there who also wanted to see the gig.

Shake Me Like a Monkey. Cool song.



***

I arrived in Cologne on Saturday early in the morning. My good friends T.& I. live in Cologne, so, I could stay at their place. Haven’t seen them for few months. It was nice to grab a koelsch and talk about all possible stuff, incl. music. I have the impression T. knows everything about rock music. In the evening we went to a rock bar called Cave. Good beer, good music, good conversation. Good friends. (Thank you guys for the weekend!)



Unfortunately, the weather was horrible - Xynthia hurricane – exactly the weekend I was there. So, I didn’t walk around a lot. It was windy as hell. But I couldn’t resist and went for a small shopping tour. Mainly for records... Well, ok, mainly for clothes ;) Nevertheless, I bought a great album - Emerson, Lake and Palmer “Pictures from the exhibition”. It’s one of the best albums ever recorded. I’m not a big fan of classical music, but Mussorgsky I do like.

***

On Sunday I’ve met my friend Maria who runs an NGO called "Kenia-Hilfe" that aims at helping children in Kenya (mainly by building schools, but also by providing medical and school supplies). I met her two years ago in Mombasa and I could see for myself that she's doing some pretty good job over there. If you wanna help, please do: www.keniahilfe-koeln.de

***



The concert was amazing. I think it was THE best show I’ve seen so far.



They’re incredible. It's the top quality music experience, but what’s also important, DM is sooo full of energy and is having so much fun playing (unless it’s just an act ;) Impressive! Seriously, the band (and it really is a 'big band' :) is awesome. And they played All Along the Watchtower:



What can I say, I fell in love - DMB is really great, if you ever have the possibility to see them live, please do! You won’t regret it, I promise.

***

By 9 a.m. on Monday I was already back in Warsaw. Luckily, my flight wasn’t cancelled, lots of flights from Germany were (because of the weather). Of course, Xynthia followed me to Poland... (everywhere I go it rains on me ;)

***

And I know one thing now – one day I will fly over to the States to see DMB at the Gorge...

No comments:

Post a Comment