8/25/09

About me

I come from Warsaw, Poland. Thanks to some lucky coincidences I lived several years abroad, first in Berlin, then in Brussels. And it did broaden my horizons!

I like to learn. Especially by travelling and meeting new people. I hope people I meet on my way can also learn something from me.

I discovered my passion for travels quite late though, about 2 years ago. Ever since I try to seize every possibility to escape for a bit, explore and experience. And so, in those past 2 years I’ve managed, for instance, to fall in love with Lisbon, visit my favorite painter’s birth place in Figueres, have a lunch with a local family in Mauritius, have a smoke in Amsterdam, learn in Athens that “every English word comes from Greek language”, listen to some great rock music in Seattle, get amazed by the modern art collection at Tate Gallery, spot Big Five (well, ok, big four...) in Kenya or get lost in the jungle in Sri Lanka. Above all I managed to meet wonderful people and learn a lot. And I strongly intend to continue to escape, explore and experience :-)

Btw, my name is Katarzyna, but my non-Polish speaking friends usually call me Kat – as no one can pronounce my name correctly...

No comments:

Post a Comment