I was actually supposed to write now about Seattle, but this post will be about Dublin, somehow related to Seattle though... Well, in my previous post I mentioned the band Duff McKagan’s Loaded. Few days after I found out that there were gonna play in Dublin in October. I had to see the gig! So, not thinking much I bought the ticket. Once again I had more luck than brains. The concert took place on Thursday, 8th of October and on Friday I had an important meeting at work, so I had to be back in Warsaw by noon. Luckily, I’ve found a perfect flight (and cheap :) and a place to crash through couchsurfing.
Preparing for my trip I googled “Dublin rock music” and to my great surprise I’ve learned that… Thin Lizzy were from Dublin. Did you know that? I didn’t. So, it’s not all about U2 ;)
This is my favorite Thin Lizzy song:
But let’s get back to the trip. I landed in Dublin at 14.30 on Thursday. After a short visit to the city center (to see the Spire and buy some souvenirs – actually, I bought for myself the Dubliners by James Joyce. I think it’s a perfect souvenir from Dublin) I got to K&G’s place. Great people, very hospitable. It turned out that they were having an unexpected visit of a relative, so there was actually no more space for me, they didn’t kick me out though ;) and prepared for me a place to sleep on the floor :) I went with K. for a good Irish beer and then to the concert. After the gig I met with G. at the... Oktoberfest in Dublin ;) A very interesting evening... And at 11 a.m. on Friday I was already back in Warsaw.
The gig itself was awesome! It took place at the Academy, which is a truly great venue. There were not many people, so I could stand really close to the stage, had an awesome view and took lots of pictures. The concert was sooo energetic, they really rock! And when the band started to play “Seattlehead” I felt for a moment like I was in Seattle again. Awesome! They also played my favorite song which is called “No Shame” from their album “Sick”:
It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen!
And I must say that Duff looks, sings and plays amazing! He could be placed in Sevre at the Bureau of Weights and Measures as a standard unit of one ‘rock musician’ – you know what I mean, next to one meter, one kilogram ;)
It was a great short trip - I was for one day in Dublin and it felt like would have visited not only Ireland, but also Seattle and Munich ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment