12/24/09

On the Road

This year I decided to escape ;) during Christmas. As usual, I don’t have any fixed plans. I found a quite cheap flight from Copenhagen to Bangkok and then from BKK to Cambodia and voila! there I am - on Christmas Eve in Copenhagen waiting for my flight. On the road again.

I’m not really prepared for the trip... (didn't have time to do a research on the countries, I have no clue what to see there, apart from Angkor Wat ;) But well, I have in mind a certain quotation: “the tourist sees what he has come to see. a traveler sees what he sees.” And so, I hope to see interesting things and learn something about history and cultural heritage of this part of the world.

The idea to go backpacking in Asia (on my own) was not really welcomed by my family and friends. Everyone kept telling me to ‘re-think the destination’, ‘take care’ and yesterday I heard about ten times the following phrase ‘but please come back!’. No worries! I’m like a bad penny. I always turn up ;)

As I’m not in Poland for Xmas I have received my Xmas gifts in advance :) among them: a survival whistle, a windproof lighter, set of repellents, a lock for my backpack, lonely planet guides to Cambodia and Bangkok and the coolest gadget ever – a buff (thank you, my dear Brother :) You know what a buff is? No?

That’s a buff:



And it works – it’s freezing cold in Denmark, I don’t have any winter clothes with me and buff saves my life (ok, well, maybe not life, but it keeps me warm).

I arrived in Copenhagen few hours ago. It’s cold, dark, cloudy and streets are empty. Reminds me actually of ghost town (I’m not in the city centre, but still kind of strange). Even at the airport there were not so many people. How come? It’s Christmas Eve. I thought there will be lots of people traveling...

Anyways, I wish all of you merry Christmas!

You know me ;) instead of a Xmas carol...

1 comment:

  1. oh this buff thingy looks awesome :) and indeed very practical ;-)

    ReplyDelete