4/25/11

Marveling at the Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal is a mausoleum built in the XVII century by Shah Jahan as a sign of his love to Mumtaz Mahal, his wife who died giving birth to their 14th child. Before going to see the Taj, I read a bit about it and was rather skeptical - I imagined thousands of tourists and that the building was not as impressive as they say. I was wrong. It IS a wonder of the world.

The building is amazing. It is made of white marble (semi-translucent as I've learned) with beautiful carvings (flowers), inside it is decorated with patterns of colorful stones. I went there for the sunrise. There were not many tourists (no queue at all). The view was scenic! The Taj seemed to sparkle, glitter in the sunlight. I was speechless (which doesn’t happen very often..)

And one thing is sure:

< sigh > he must have really loved her < / sigh >.







No comments:

Post a Comment