Finally, on Friday the 29th I was going by a night train to Varanasi. And again, I actually wanted to go somewhere after Varanasi – up north to Darjeeling or Nepal (and then get back there to catch my flight to Dehli), but with 4 days spent in Khajuraho I knew I won’t manage it, time-wise. So, I had 3 days to spend in Varanasi which is also apparently too much, cause it’s quite a small town and you can see everything you wanna see in 1-2 days. Nevermind though, I’m more than ready to get out from Khajuraho.
I must say after this week I’m fed up with India. It’s definitely not gonna be my favorite country. Don’t get me wrong, it is worth seeing – the Taj or Khajuraho temples I would put on my personal list of “things you have to see before you die”. But still, the overall atmosphere is really not my thing. And it’s too hot – over 40 degrees Celsius and it feels like even more. And I have to wear a long scarf that covers the shape of my body. I’m so tired of all these men who have only one thing in mind... I’m sure if I had come here with a boyfriend or any other male friend, the situation would have been totally different. They don’t mess up with men. Also, I wouldn’t be bothered if I have stayed in good hotels and went on guided tours. This is however – as you might have noticed by now - not quite my style ;)
Of course world travel isn’t as good as it seems, it’s only after you’ve come back from all the heat and horror that you forget to get bugged and remember the weird scenes you saw. (Jack Kerouac, Lonesome Traveler)
No comments:
Post a Comment