And so I am
on the road again. This time to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Then to Borneo. Or
maybe somewhere else… To illustrate how unprepared I am this time, please find
below a dialogue I had a few days ago with a friend, it looked more or less like that:
Friend: so, you’ve booked the hotel for the first
night?
Me: Nope.
F: You know
where to stay?
M: No.
Maybe – if I’m not too tired after landing in KL I’ll head right away to
Borneo.
F: Do you know at all the names of the cities,
the airport where you wanna go?
M: No. But
you know, I did prepare the soundtrack for the trip.
Well, it’s
a matter of priorities I guess. Because
of work and a lot of other things I barely had time to prepare for the trip. I did buy a lonely
planet Borneo though, so I intend to
read it on the plane to Dubai. Oh, right. Because I’m now at the airport in
Frankfurt. And soon I will be heading towards Dubai, and then KL. And then, if
I’m not exhausted from the longs flights I’ll try to find a cheap ticket to …
somewhere in Borneo.
But,
speaking of soundtrack for the road. Borneo is famous for… its rain forests,
the real jungle. And so the first song I thought of was.. Welcome to the Jungle
by Guns n’ Roses. And then I followed this path ; ) and took their greatest
hits with me. Plus the Rolling Stones (always a must), plus some new bands that
I’ve discovered lately thanks to a friend: the Black Keys, the White Lies, the
Killers, Kings of Leon – all the stuff that the young generation nowadays
listens to ;)
In the past
few days my colleagues and friends kept saying “but please come back, will
you?”. No worries. You guys should know by now that I always turn up ;)
[Polish] wersja alternatywna dla moich polskich przyjaciół – licho złego
nie bierze ;)
***
What a nice
surprise on the flight to Dubai! Due to overbooking my seat was upgraded to
business class. I like that - to buy the
cheapest ticket and to fly business :) As a budget traveler I’m not really
used to business class ;) and Emirates do have a great service even in economy
class. So, it was the nicest and most comfortable flight I’ve ever been on.
(and, as you know I have been by now on many different flights). So, dear Emirates
– thank you :)
But still,
I am tired. It is already 2 a.m. here in Dubai. I’m on the road now for about
15 hours now (long layovers this time). And in two hours I have a flight to
Kuala Lumpur. Now I'm thinking, I will not look for a ticket to Borneo straight away
at the airport in KL, I think I need to sleep off first…
***
The text above I wrote on the way. Then, as I landed in KL I decided to ask for a ticket to Kuching. Turned out, they had some nice priced tickets and so, I waited another 3 hrs at the airport in KL and went straight away to Borneo. I'm now in Kuching - but this story in the next episode of my blog ;)
P.S.
What item shouldn’t
be forgotten while going to the rain forest? Rain jacket maybe? Guess, what did
I forget to put in my backpack…
No comments:
Post a Comment