I’m in Yogyakarta. After quite a long journey
and some adventures at the Jakarta airport.
When I got to Jakarta, it was about 4 pm, I
figured I still have time to fly on and don’t need to stay in the capital. And
so, I went to a Lin Air stand asking for tickets to Yogyakarta and Solo. There
was a plane to Yogya at 6.05 pm. It was 5 p.m. I wanted to buy the ticket, they
told me though to buy it at Terminal 1. Rushing to the bus to get to the
terminal, I was there in 20 minutes. I run to the Lion Air stand. The departure
was in 40 minutes. "One ticket to Yogya at 6 pm. please". "What time?!" - they were really surprised.
They were surprised, issued the ticket though, and told me
to pay inside the terminal. I run to the next counter inside the terminal
building to pay. They took my money quickly and directed me towards the
check-in counter. Where I was informed that it’s too late to check in my
luggage, so I couldn’t go. After a short discussion they agreed to let me in with my whole luggage as carry
on, but with no guarantees - if the security check won’t let me in, I won't go. With my
boarding pass proudly in my hand I run on – to the security. To make a long
story short - they let me pass, although there were lighters, repellents
(spray, liquids), knives in my backpack. Basically, I had all my stuff/ gear
with me. Normally, it wouldn’t be possible to board a plane with all that. But
here I managed - with a (rather silly) self-confidence I explained it was
urgent and I need to get on that plane. The truth was, I didn’t need to get on
that plane. I would have lost 30 USD I paid for the ticket, that’s all. But I
wanted to (try to) argue my way with dangerous items on a plane without getting
arrested. I actually thought it wouldn’t be possible. But well – here I am.
In Yogyakarta. Where I found a very nice small
hotel with excellent food and cold beer,
and Internet access. I went for dinner, was listening to some blues (radio in
the background) and geckos, and drinking a cold Bintang beer I thought - let the adventure begin...
No comments:
Post a Comment