Disclaimer: I didn’t have Internet access to update my blog, I wrote sth in the meantime though. Thus, here come some of the stories, not in chronological order though.
I’m at Bromo. After a 12 hrs minibus ride which wasn’t really fun. After yesterday - exploring temples and villages on a motorbike I got sunburn and in addition I got… a cold! How is it possible in such a heat – no one knows. But unfortunately that’s what happened. So, here I am. At a volcano which I attempt to climb tomorrow starting at 4 am (that’s no big climb, only a short way to the summit). I got sore throat, slight fever and muscle pain. And it’s cold here, in the morning it will be about 4 degrees (compared to over 30 last days – it’s quite a shock). I have some warm clothes, so I should survive ;) It doesn’t help for my flu/ cold though. I haven’t still decided where am I going to head tomorrow afternoon. A lot of people are heading to Bali or on those organized trips to another volcano and sulphur mine. That’s not for me though - I don’t consider watching hard working people in the mines as tourist attraction… I think I will make my way to Sulawesi and explore indigenous tribes, and after that I’ll try to find some adventure food. We’ll see how it goes.
But that’s all not that important, I have another ‘good’ story to tell. Today I had the strangest experience ever. Let me give you a small into - yesterday I was thinking where I should go, if I should head to Bromo or maybe directly to Surabaya (from where I can catch a plane to Sulawesi) and I finally chosen instead of the Surabaya bus, the mini bus to Bromo. Today, on the way we stopped for a coffee, I was sitting there, chatting with some people, telling them that hesitated between Surabaya and Bromo, and as we were talking, the bus to Surabaya passed by. About two hours later I saw that bus again – near the railway. There was an accident, a lot of people sitting around watching the scene, the bus was on its back, heavily damaged, there was a big hole in one back, the train must have hit it. I saw two dead bodies covered with some fabric, no idea how many people got injured. It looked horrible. A tragedy.
And I was petrified when I realized that I could have been on that bus. But well, I guess I die another day…
No comments:
Post a Comment