12/24/13

In Makassar

Finally, about 4 a.m. I arrived at my hotel. At the reception desk I met Santa Claus in his red hat. Well, maybe not the real Santa ;) But the receptionist was wearing a red Santa hat and said they wouldn’t charge me for the night! :) Very nice of them, I’m staying here for two nights paying for one :) 

The room is perfect - big, bright, spotless clean, hot water. That was exactly what I needed after 40 hrs of airports and planes. So, hotel Pacific, Makassar. Highly recommended. 

After having slept for 10 hours I went for a walk. A short walk – cause the weather is not cooperating. Thunderstorms, heavy rain and wind. Temperature about 27 Celsius. Streets get flooded within a few minutes. Tomorrow I will try to catch a bus to Tana Toraja. If I get back in three days I will still have plenty of time for the Baliem Valley in New Guinea. And I really want to explore the funeral rites of Toraja. 
 
 Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment