12/29/13

Tana Toraja

12/26
Out of the comfort zone is where you start living... It is so true. Too many adventures to name, but let me just give you a few keywords: tired and drenched, muscle pain, palm wine, clove cigarettes, a bullfight (and yes, I did bet), a very local food (which I had to try not to offend my hosts, but it was gross), a ritual funeral (full of blood - animal sacrifice), new cool travel buddies (a couple from San Francisco) and fireworks (all my fingers still there), shared toilet in a… mosque, the most bizarre cemetery (with cigarettes offered to the dead), an interesting though disgusting conversation about cannibalism in Papua, a strange marriage proposal, hitchhiking and making new friends. It is all like visiting another planet. And I haven’t even got to Papua yet… I will write about it in details later but for now a couple of photos (I will post some more once I get to a decent Internet access). 






No comments:

Post a Comment