12/24/13

Let the adventures begin!

12/22/2013 (uploaded later) 

So, I’m at the airport in Dubai. On the flight from Warsaw I got a real Xmas gift from the Emirates - namely a free upgrade to business :) Emirates really is my favorite airline. Actually, it is the second time when I’m spending Christmas traveling in Asia. It was exactly four years ago when I had my Holiday in Cambodia.

But first let me explain where I am heading this time. Well, I actually don’t know. I’m flying now to Jakarta from where I have the next flight to Makassar in Sulawesi, on my way to… New Guinea which is on the agenda this time ;) 

But will I get there? My flight back to Poland is from… Ho Chi Minh. Yes, yes - Vietnam. Pretty far from New Guinea. Though, the ticket (Warsaw-Dubai-Jakarta and back HoChiMinh-Dubai-Jakarta) was really nice priced so I decided to take this opportunity. 

For the first time in my travels I had a real problem what to bring with me. Over three weeks and different climate zones/ areas (jungle, rain, mountains). Almost 14 kg in my main rucksack, plus a small backpack. I’ve never had such a heavy luggage with me. Not good. Cause I will have to carry it all while trekking in the heat.

Anyways, nothing interesting to report thus far. I’m sitting at a Costa coffee shop near the smoking zone, having a major déjà vu. Every time I’m in the Dubai airport, I come here, have a smoke, then a coffee and write. I always sit in the exact same spot, where I can charge my laptop.

Déjà vu or maybe just a glitch in the matrix ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment