Early in the morning I went to the airport intending to buy a ticket to Makassar, Sulawesi. It was high time to get on the road again.
However, as I arrived at the airport it turned out that the tickets to Makassar were really expensive and so, I thought I will go somewhere else – there was a cheap flight (by Lion Air, better prices than Air Asia after the accident in Bali ;) to Manado, north Sulawesi. Well, that’s the best bad plan I have for the moment, I thought. I bought the ticket, spent 5 hours at the airport waiting for the flight and in the late afternoon I landed in Manado.
After having seen some extremely creepy hostels located in old colonial buildings (Manado-hostel-horror-show..), I went for a regular midrange hotel. I needed to sleep off, take a shower and use the Internet. I figured it wasn’t the time to be frugal. Although the staff were not friendly at all and didn’t really speak English, I enjoyed my stay there. I took a hot shower (!) - first time after coming to Indonesia, sent some email to friends and family so they knew I was OK and went for dinner to a small local eatery. And I met there a very nice young lady from France who was traveling around the world. We had a nice dinner together and later on decided to meet up in Tomohon (which we then also did). And yet another travel mate :)
No comments:
Post a Comment