5/12/13

Satori in Indonesia

As I said before - it was time to get on the road again to do some research for my next travel novel. And, Indonesia wasn’t a disappointment. I’ve seen so many different things... I’ve been to volcanoes and to the ocean, to the jungle, to cities and villages. I showed up at airports and bus terminals without a plan nor destination. The perfect soundtrack for this trip would be the Doors with “Take It as It Comes” - not that popular but it is actually my favorite The Doors song. It was the road that took me to all those places and people, to all those breathtaking views, intense emotions and perfect moments.


I’m working now on a chapter devoted to superstitions and all the supernatural stuff I’ve learn about during my travels. And you know what, in Indonesia I felt that there really is something more to all that. Call it fate or fortune or a guardian angel, or lucky coincidence...

Well, I guess I am a dharma bum ;) who did find her satori in Indonesia. (did I mention that I’m a Kerouac-wannabe? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment